Thursday 3 January 2013

What I've Been Reading:
'Blockade Billy' by Stephen King


This was a quick read. 130ish pages for 2 stories and I devoured it in less than an hour and a half. 

The first story, 'Blockade Billy' was pretty good, told in the voice of an old-time Baseball coach who is recounting the story of a Baseball player whose existance in a Major League Baseball team was wiped from the sport's history books. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about Baseball, I still enjoyed the story and it had a nice little twist that I wasn't expecting. I also liked the inclusion of the inside King joke of Billy's shirt being number 19.

The second story, 'Morality' is interesting. It questions the nature of Sin and how our deeds impact on our lives and relationships. I really liked it. It had a distinctly King feel to it.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment