Friday 15 March 2013

The King And I...

source

I have always been a bit of a horror fiend. As a child my favourite books were collections of ghost stories, vampire novels and R.L Stine's Goosebumps series (remember those?). When I hit my teenage years I started reading the Point Horror books and any other teen horror I could get my hands on. Eventually, aged 15 I read my first Stephen King novel - 'The Shining' and was hooked.

Since then, I've read several of his novels and loved them all. And this week I decided to set myself a fun little challenge - to read every Stephen King book in the order in which they were published. I know it's going to take a year or two but I don't care. I'm excited at the prospect of working through the world of Stephen King's books in order, seeing the connections between characters and places, the little things that he works into a lot of his novels like the number 19 and the character of Randall Flagg.

I've started my "King-a-thon" already with his first novel, 'Carrie'. I'm planning on blogging about my journey through King's back catalogue. I may start a separate blog for it, or I may just use this one, incorporating it into my 'What I've Been Reading series. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in reading my thoughts on King's novels?

Have any of you ever set yourself a similar kind of reading challenge? I'd love to hear about it.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment