Thursday 9 May 2013

Reading Round-up:
April


17. 'Heart-Shaped Bruise' by Tanya Byrne: [5/5] A stunning novel about revenge and the price we pay for it.

18. 'Salem's Lot' by Stephen King: [5/5] Old School Vampires taking over small town America. One of my favourite Vampire books ever.

19. 'Death Didn't Want Me... Now I Have Life' by Hannah Dee: [4/5] A heart-wrenching memoir of life lived with Borderline Personality Disorder.

20. 'Sing You Home' by Jodi Picoult: [5/5] A tear-jerker of a novel about life, love and family.

21. 'Blood, Sweat and Tea' by Tom Reynolds: [4/5] The memoirs of a London Paramedic. Funny, poignant and thought provoking.

22. 'Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades' by Rick Riordan: [3/5] A fill-the-gap story. Fun but a little too short.

23. 'Love, Aubrey' by Suzanne LaFleur: [5/5] A children's novel tackling some big issues with a protagonist who gets inside your heart and stays there.

I had a good reading month this month. Seven books - a big improvement on March. I enjoyed everything I read this month (there are a few 5 star reads here) and it's hard to choose a favourite. It's definitely between 'Heart-Shaped Bruise', 'Sing You Home' and 'Love, Aubrey'. All three tugged on y heart-strings and had me close to tears which seems to be something I'm enjoying this month (a little strange maybe?)

Goodreads is suggesting that I increase my target of 40 books in a year to something higher as I seem to be well ahead of schedule. I'm contemplating it. But what number would be achievable?


1 comment:

  1. How about upping it 60 books? You are definitely storming through your 40 book challenge. Go for it! xx

    ReplyDelete