Thursday 9 May 2013

What I've Been Reading:
'Memory's Wake' by Selina Fenech

I've been a fan of Selina Fenech's artwork for quite a few years and when I found out she had written and published a novel, I was desperate to read it. And now that I've finally got around to it, I can say that it definitely lived up to expectation. 

Memory has no idea who she is, where she comes from or how she got to the land of Avall. As the result of some magical accident she has been torn from her own time and thrown into a land full of Princesses on the run, Dragons and Fae creatures. There's a strange savage man following her, there's a whole gang of men trying to capture her and all while she's trying to figure out what the hell happened to her memories. Luckily she's got Eloryn, a girl with a very familiar face and a dangerous secret to help her out.

This was a fantastic start to a trilogy and I seriously can't wait to read the second installment. The characters are strong and loveable, the setting is different and the plot is something new, a welcome addition to the fantasy canon. There are also some stunning drawings in the book, all done by the author herself.

I would recommend this novel to anyone who likes Young Adult fiction r fantasy of any kind. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

5/5

2 comments:

  1. Aaaah that cover is so gorgeous. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The pictures inside the book are just as beautiful xx

      Delete